Friday, September 07, 2012

Oh the Irony

I’m trying to read an article on multitasking while multitasking. Its not going so well. I think I may have about 50 current tabs opened waiting for direct action or bookmarking.

Am I really accomplishing anything? Maybe. I certainly am not done reading the article. I do know one thing. This is distracting. Having so many things calling for attention is stressful. I’m not sure why I start one thing before finishing another.

When I see something new to look at I’m like a kid with a new toy. I can’t wait to rip the packaging off and get started. Think of a magpie trapped in yard full of shiny things each one vying for attention.

Its a bad habit.It’s something I really need to work on. I am going against my own advice. Never a good idea.

The good news is I downloaded Windows Live Writer. It makes blogging so much easier. I’m using it right now. Just by itself. Not trying to do anything else. Ah… now that feels better.